You have just embarked on a journey across the Internet, and Netscape
is your vehicle. This welcome page will help you get started on your use of
Netscape and your exploration of the Internet.
To get around, just single-click on any blue or purple word or phrase (here's an example). You can take a quick peek at Netscape Navigator's basic features or, for a more comprehensive view, start Netscape Handbook from the beginning.
If you are using the Netscape
Navigator for the first time, please fill out the
Check out the press release that describes availability and pricing for the new products.
The new version is available from several download sites.
The Netscape Navigator 1.0N should be used according to the license agreement included
with the program - it's free to academic and non-profit users and free for
evaluation use by others. We encourage everyone to
place an order for Netscape Navigator 1.0, the fully supported version of our product.
If you are
ready to get on with exploring, you'll find some good Internet
under the Directory menu. They are:
- That's this page -- your initial home page.
- What's New!
- Want to discover the newest interesting places and events on the
Internet? The net is growing every day, and the What's New page
will provide you with links to the newest pages and services that you can
- What's Cool!
- Tired of slogging through the What's New page looking at
every new Internet site under the sun? The What's Cool page highlights
some of the most interesting and compelling resources on the
Internet. It changes regularly, so stop back often.
- Cool Tricks
- The place to come if you're interested in the inner workings
of web pages, or sharing a cool technical trick with fellow
citizens of the Internet.
- Go to Newsgroups
- There are thousands of newsgroups on the Internet where users get together
to discuss a wide variety of topics. With Netscape, you can
participate in these groups, follow along and get involved in conversations,
and post your own replies.
- Internet Directory
- This is your Directory of Directories: each of these directories is a
catalog of available information on the Internet.
- Internet Search
- This page will help you search the Internet for specific information and
- Internet White Pages.
- If you're trying to contact someone else who is on the Internet, try
- About the Internet
- Want to know more about the Internet? Look here.
- How to Create
- If you're tired of browsing and ready to start publishing,
you'll want to read this.
- Netscape Communications Corporation
- If you'd like to read about the company and the people that brought you
Netscape, you can visit the Netscape Communications home page.
For More Information about Netscape...
- Choose Version Information from the Help menu
if you'd like to know what version of Netscape you are running
and to obtain information about new releases.
- When you are using Netscape, you may send your comments and
ideas to the team that's developing it.
Read How to Give Feedback to
learn how to do this. We love feedback!
- Finally, you can find out How
to Get Support for Netscape from Netscape Communications
Welcome to the world of Netscape
and the Internet.
Copyright © 1994 Netscape Communications Corporation.